A New Course: A Mother's Journey Navigating Down Syndrome and Autism
A New Course is a hybrid of a memoir combined with valuable lessons following each chapter and in the appendix. It's a must read for families, school faculty, therapists, physicians, and support groups wanting to understand a parent's perspective and looking for answers about:
* Early Intervention
* Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and transition meetings
* Speech, physical and occupational therapies
* Behavior support and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
* Toilet training and puberty issues
* Wandering and elopement
* Meltdowns and
* Augmentative and alternative communication
Can be found on Amazon.
Our “Get Connected” Information Kits are great for new families on this journey, as well as for medical professionals and educators. It includes facts sheets, articles, information about autism treatments, and inspirational stories from parents who have walked the DS-ASD journey.